Applications for RYLA 2019 are now open!
The Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) is a week-long residential leadership program for young people aged 18 to 25, which focuses on personal growth, leadership development and community. The program is based on four key themes:
Challenge by Choice, Diversity, Community and Time Out
RYLA Program Goals
- Help participants gain a better understanding of their own strengths, passions and values
- Develop the leadership skills of young people through experiential workshops, involving teamwork, communication, motivation and introspection
- Foster an appreciation of the diverse abilities and unique qualities of those around them
- Provide an opportunity for young people to come together in a supportive environment
- Develop a set of resources and tools to facilitate the participants' ongoing development in their communities
- Create a greater awareness of social issues affecting young people
- Demonstrate Rotary's commitment to young people.