Important COVID-19 Update
Important changes to the 2020-2021 RYLA program.
Our residential program was initially planned for December 2020, and while it is hoped that the current COVID-19 restrictions will be lifted by then, the RYLA committee are mindful that the current circumstances bring uncertainty to our team of volunteers, applicants and sponsoring Rotary clubs. We have therefore decided to adjust RYLA program offering for the 2020-21 Rotary year to an online program.
Our team is working hard to design a brand new online program that captures the key messages of RYLA tailored to an online format. We are excited by this new challenge and we will provide further updates as details are finalised.
To express your interest in taking part in our new program please click below.
The Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) is a week-long residential leadership program for young people aged 18 to 25, which focuses on personal growth, leadership development and community. The program is based on four key themes:
Challenge by Choice, Diversity, Community and Time Out
RYLA Program Goals
- Help participants gain a better understanding of their own strengths, passions and values
- Develop the leadership skills of young people through experiential workshops, involving teamwork, communication, motivation and introspection
- Foster an appreciation of the diverse abilities and unique qualities of those around them
- Provide an opportunity for young people to come together in a supportive environment
- Develop a set of resources and tools to facilitate the participants' ongoing development in their communities
- Create a greater awareness of social issues affecting young people
- Demonstrate Rotary's commitment to young people.