Important program update
RYLA usually runs as a week-long residential program in December, however, the COVID-19 pandemic prevented this from running in 2020. Instead, the program team has developed a brand new online program. The online will consist of four modules based around the themes of Challenge by Choice, Diversity, Community and Time Out.
Candidates who participate in the online program will also be welcome to apply for the residential program taking place in early December 2021.
The online modules will consist of a combination of live interactive sessions and pre-recorded/written content that can be worked through at your own pace. You will be expected to allocate approximately two hours per week across the six weeks to work through the content. You will also have the opportunity to take part in optional engagement and support content during this time.
Online Program Dates: 8 February - 21 March 2021
Costs: The cost of this program is subsidised by Rotary sponsorship. The cost for you as the candidate will be $50 with the remaining $100 being paid by the sponsoring Rotary Club. If you are experiencing financial hardship whereby $50 will be a barrier, please discuss this with your sponsoring club or the RYLA committee.
RYLA Program Goals
- Help participants gain a better understanding of their own strengths, passions and values
- Develop the leadership skills of young people through experiential workshops, involving teamwork, communication, motivation and introspection
- Foster an appreciation of the diverse abilities and unique qualities of those around them
- Provide an opportunity for young people to come together in a supportive environment
- Develop a set of resources and tools to facilitate the participants' ongoing development in their communities
- Create a greater awareness of social issues affecting young people
- Demonstrate Rotary's commitment to young people.